Multifactor Authentication Available
Multifactor Authentication (MFA) is now available for all deployments of NetRanger.
Multi-factor authentication is a layered approach to securing data and applications where a system requires a user to present a combination of two or more credentials to verify a user's identity for login.
How this works with NetRanger
- Send a request to us to get this setup.
- Once setup : when you login, you will be presented an alert asking you to set up MFA. This alert will continue to appear each time you access the "dashboard" (until you setup MFA).
- Using an authenticator app on your phone (such as Google Authenticator), you will scan a QR Code, and then enter a 6 digit pin into NetRanger.
- After entering your username / password, you will be asked to enter a new 6 digit code from your authenticator App.
- You will have the option to "save this device" for up to 7 days (you should only do this on trusted devices, e.g NEVER a public computer)